Akeet.com

Brand New Car...

MrAkeet - 10/19/2009 at 04:10 AM

Hello everyone,

got this via another board...

or a hand me down for a new 16-yr old driver.

What option are you going with?

Also, will you be paying for all of it or will they have to chip in?

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:

PoeticInspiration77 - 10/19/2009 at 03:23 PM

I think even if you are in a good place money wise, that NO 16yr old should get a brand new car....doesn't have to be 20yrs old but should be reliable and run.....I think it depends on the parents if they want to buy it for the child...but I believe the child should be responsible for routine maintenance and gas if parents are footing the bill or buying it and insurance

twilight - 10/20/2009 at 12:27 AM

you know i thought about this and you know if you buy a lemon that is gonna be trouble, so if going used best have a good waranty, and that will still cost you. on the condition of good grades in school, and on the condition of a strict curfew, and limits on HOW many friends are with them in the ride i would consider a new car. I know how i felt when i had a old car and all my friends had brand new ones. plus the YOU ruin it you pay for it would also be something.

my kids will have to have a summer jobs preferably plus activities school wise during summer so they would have to put down some money on everything they have, that means car, clothes, etc.