Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is Your City Boring?
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

question.gif posted on 10/22/2009 at 07:21 PM
Is Your City Boring?

Hello everyone,

got this via another site...

From time to time I hear people say that where they live is boring. I often wonder if those individuals have truly taken the time out to see all that their city has to offer. I believe each city at least a little something to offer.

Have you taken the time out to explore your city inside and out?

What are some things out of the norm that you've found to do in your city?

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:
PoeticInspiration77

Mood: Looking Around!

[*] posted on 10/22/2009 at 10:31 PM

well my city is BORING....mostly becuz it's such a small town that actually still has a real square....they are getting better at trying to bring some life and activities here....
I'm not originally from here so I can only imagine what it was like before GM built the Saturn plant here in 1990, with a MULE fesitval every year (yes I said mules as in the horse-like creature) that was about the only thing they had before

MrAkeet
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10/23/2009 at 02:45 AM

I live in the country also, and love it to be honest... Just kinfolk around... Couldn't imagine city life at this time...:no:
PoeticInspiration77

Mood: Looking Around!

[*] posted on 10/23/2009 at 03:32 AM

I'd like to stay in a city, but out in the country of the city....LOL
I don't want my neighbors house close enough to spit on, but I wanna be close to theaters, plays, Disney on Ice..LOL...and Mc D's for those days I don't wanna cook

twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 10/25/2009 at 03:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrAkeet  
I live in the country also, and love it to be honest... Just kinfolk around... Couldn't imagine city life at this time...:no:

right over my head...lol...sure missed this post...country livng well go head on then. you too both country folks wow. cute...that has to be cool...i lived in the country when i was a lil baby moved out of the country in my later years..
i used to have hay rides, and berry picking and all kinds of good stuff...but like i don't know...now i am like...i'd starve out there...lol...get lost...i don't know...
ShoutingAlto

[*] posted on 10/29/2009 at 09:44 PM

I'm in San Francisco, y'all . . . my city is a lot of things, but boring? Never.

I am still seeing parts of the city I was born in . . . we are divided by hills and valleys, and around every turn there is some little neighborhood or park or area you wouldn't know about unless you walked in there. I walk a lot, so I am often stumbling on new areas. Yesterday, I walked down the side of a hill near the border with Daly City as the sun was just coming up, and saw God paint hills and a valley I didn't even know the city had three months ago, saw Him paint them a red-gold that I as a city dweller rarely see anywhere.

Stuff out of the norm . . . there's more than enough if you can stomach it, but I find the city's two huge parks (Golden Gate and John McClaren) to have more than enough stuff to do. Walk around all day and spend NO money . . . I pick my blackberries, eat my plums,, pawpaws, strawberries, and frostberries, (yep, all that is in the parks) and keep it moving. If I wanted to spend a little money, there's a big conservatory of flowers and a huge museum to visit as well in Golden Gate Park, but I don't like the tourist crowd, so I stay out of those areas when possible. I do like the Strybing Arboretum, where they somehow have gotten plants from all over the world to grow in the open . . . I have wandered through two hours at a stretch three times, and not seen the same things -- it's that big and packed. And of course the ocean . . . I could sit at the edge of the Pacific for hours and hours, singing and praising God.
ATru_Gem

[*] posted on 11/10/2009 at 10:28 PM

I love my city - and the general area - south east. I was raised in Boston - and I took advantage of all that city had to offer. There wasn't a historical site that I didn't see - or museum I didn't go to.

Now I live in NC and after being raised in the cement jungle it's such a pleasure to see such greenery. I can do the mountains or the beaches. I love the arts - so I check out museums and lots of plays. I love live music and there are tons of free concerts here. There are is always a jazz concert or arts festival somewhere. Although I don't like the heat - I do love the calmer weathers - I don't care if I see another snowflake for as long as I live.

I'm rarely bored.

Go To Top