Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 1st LADY MICHELLE OBAMA COVERS GLAMOUR...
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

thumbup.gif posted on 10/29/2009 at 08:42 PM
1st LADY MICHELLE OBAMA COVERS GLAMOUR...

Hello everyone,

Michelle Obama looks glamorous on the cover of Glamour’s December issue, marking the first time a First Lady has every graced the magazine’s front.

Congrats! In the interview with the popular magazine, the First Lady discusses being a role model and event gave some advice on “dating”.

She says, “Cute’s good. But cute only lasts for so long, and then it’s, Who are you as a person? Don’t look at the bankbook or the title. Look at the heart. Look at the soul…When you’re dating a man, you should always feel good…You shouldn’t be in a relationship with somebody who doesn’t make you completely happy and make you feel whole.” Good advice!!!

Michelle Obama on being making yourself priority as a role model. She notes, “One thing that I’ve learned from male role models is that they don’t hesitate to invest in themselves.” And she advises everyone to take cues from the role models in their own lives instead of the ones on the movie screens.

But what about the public’s fascination with her wardrobe? Mrs. Obama isn’t too worried about meeting others’ expectations. “People are always going to have opinions, and people have a right to their opinions, particularly when you’re the First Lady; you’re representing the nation,” she says. “So I can’t be surprised that people are interested. But I’ve tried to be at peace with the choices that I make first, and then be open to everyone else’s reflection.”

The outfit the First Lady wore on the cover was from her own closet, and no designer will be credited in the magazine. GO GIRL!

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:

Go To Top