Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Do Women Like Househusbands?
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

question.gif posted on 11/5/2009 at 08:59 PM
Do Women Like Househusbands?

Hello everyone,

got this via another board...

Would a woman leave a man because he wants to stay at home and take care of the house responsibilities instead of having a job outside the house?

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:
iam2icee

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 05:45 PM

Heck NO!!! I love a man who can cook and doesn't mind doing laundry, but trust me, he knows the meaning of a well earned dollar and he works hard, never misses work even if he is sick. I would not tolerate a man who can't handle responsibilities an help our family prosper or at least maintain.
twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 11/16/2009 at 05:25 AM

i just can't see myself on a man that didn't have a good work ethic...i like a man that can contribute, doesn't mean he has to be a proffesional or work professional hours, but i think a man that is dependent completly on me would be tough...a lot of couples do the my money is my money your money is your money thing when they marry, but i wouldn't want to do that...pooled income is better, the who's making more competition is not cool in relationships, then someone handle the bills outta the two i suppose. i know some couples where he handles house note and his own car note, she handles her car note and everything else plus kids things...i don't know...i don't like that...but it works for them...
i think that combined savings, combined help for families (i believe in that it's cultural for me, my parents sweat for me, so i do for them too not in excess but no way will they ever suffer when elderly), combined college fund for kids, combined savings for retirement, and combined savings for vacations etc, is a better way...but hey..i am not even there yet, won't be there for a minute so things may change...
icee where are you...miss you around here...btw...
PoeticInspiration77

Mood: Looking Around!

[*] posted on 11/17/2009 at 11:24 PM

it would depend
situation 1: if I was working becuz he could NOT find a job and he was doing the household thing then fine, but only if he was LOOKING for work
situation 2: if I made WAY more than he would, and we were good, didn't need the 2nd income and he was the househusband, then cool
situation 3: he just doesn't want to work, and we are struggling, then NOT cool

bookworm

[*] posted on 11/23/2009 at 02:01 AM

If I could come home from work and dinner is ready and the house clean, if there were children and they are taken care of, sure!
I would think it take a strong man and woman to reverse the roles. But I can't imagine a man that would want to do that unless for some reason he could not work.
twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 12/10/2009 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bookworm  
If I could come home from work and dinner is ready and the house clean, if there were children and they are taken care of, sure!
I would think it take a strong man and woman to reverse the roles. But I can't imagine a man that would want to do that unless for some reason he could not work.

but what about the reverse, do men actually like house wives?

i mean most dont, you take a couple of weeks off and its all about who is doing more etc.

i just can't see myself married any man i don't think is doing his share....and that is basically it. doesn't have to be the same amount on the paycheck but there should be one.

the day of the housewife is done, so like why should there be house husbands?
iam2icee

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 12/13/2009 at 05:26 AM

A real man holds down a job, regardless of the pay. Money is money even if he can't do more than buy a loaf of bread, that's one less for me to buy. He better have a job...I ain't even playin - I am not taking care of people who are capable of taking care of themselves.

Go To Top