Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Amerie On Men
twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 02:30 AM
Amerie On Men

hmmm...interesting don't know that I agree...Amerie singer that hasn't really been hot in my books, did a cover shoot for Complex magazine and gave her take...but she could be right who knows...

Quote:

Men say: If I’ve only been seeing a woman for a month, I’m not expected to be exclusive.
Amerie says: Unless it’s been explicitly stated that you two are exclusive, it’s best to assume you’re not. Women date men—as in going out on “dates”—and feel awkward if they run into him on a date with someone else. Trust me, if a man doesn’t say so, he’s not exclusive and probably sleeping with someone else.

Men say: Cheating is only an issue if you get caught.
Amerie says: One of the consequences of cheating is that you only trust somebody as much as you trust yourself. Even the whole line of “wanting space”—they’ve probably already cheated at least once. It’s thinking, “I don’t want to risk losing this person, so instead of being honest, I’ll put them on the side while I get all this stuff out my system.”

Men say: Women settle more easily than men.
Amerie says: Men rarely settle; they won’t wife up someone they don’t feel is worthy of them. A woman can persistently chase a man, and he may sleep with her, but it’ll never make him love her. Yet a guy that a woman’s not interested in can hound her, and if he’s persistent enough, he’ll wear her down. Women are more malleable. Yet, we’re still the smarter sex. Men can’t handle the truth about women—that we can be as noncommittal, manipulative, and promiscuous as they are.

twilight

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 02:37 AM

oops i was wrong she came out with a new album i guess at some point...i don't think she is a great singer...
iam2icee

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 05:24 PM

Never heard of her...

Cheating is a problem for me, even if I never find out. The additive, "what they don't know won't hurt em" is outdated. Nowadays, not knowing could cause you to end up with a disesase you can't get rid of....AIDS is still a huge threat.

In most cases, I think that unless we are seriously hanging out, dating two-three times a week, it is not exclusive. It really should be spelled out in the beginning to avoid problems later.
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 07:31 PM

Well sista I have learned artists will say anything when it comes to promotion... Her album just was released, and boom she does an interview like this...

In summary this is one womans opinion, so we all need to remeber that... I'm still amazed at how some feel one person can speak on behalf of a larger group... :)
twilight

[*] posted on 11/9/2009 at 04:15 AM

both of y'all are right...for real..
bookworm

[*] posted on 11/12/2009 at 02:06 AM

She makes no sense to me. How old is she?
She sounds like a teenager trying to engage in an adult conversation.
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11/12/2009 at 02:07 AM

Mid 20's... These artists will say anything just to stay in the public eye...

Go To Top