Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Whats on your Thanksgiving Table??
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

question.gif posted on 11/11/2009 at 04:35 AM
Whats on your Thanksgiving Table??

Hello everyone,

got this via another site...

gotta have the essentials.... greens, baked mac n cheese, cranberry sauce, cornbread dressing, roast turkey, candied yams, sweet potato pie, red velvet cake (lol essentially essential), hmmm what else?

What did you grow up eating?

Whats your favorite thing to make/eat on Thanksgiving?
Who in your family cooks the best?

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:
ATru_Gem

[*] posted on 11/11/2009 at 08:43 PM

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Four years ago we started a tradition and began holding it at my house. My mother and father both passed away so it's just the siblings now - so we really make an effort to do it together.

I tried to add something different each year - I love to cook and next week I'll start cracking open some of my cook books for some new ideas. My brother and his wife will help cook - the oldest will buy most of the food - the other one is a vacuum and will eat anything that doesn't move. Sometimes my single brothers will bring a date - sometimes some of my friends will pop up and join us.

We normally break out the scrabble game - or some other board game - stuff ourselves and just enjoy spending time together.

I would say I'm the best cook - but all of us have skills in the kitchen.
ladylikeness

Mood: Peaceful

[*] posted on 11/25/2009 at 12:29 AM

We used to visit my grandparents houses.....My mom and grandmothers cooked: duck, turkey, ham, lasagna, dressing, keish, potato salad, chitterlings, greens, velvet cake, chocolate cake, German chocolate cake, string beans with potatoes, corn muffins, sphagetti, mac & cheese, tuna salad, sweet potato pie, stuffing, yeast rolls, homemade egg nog, homemade ice cream, lemon pound cake....

My favorite thing to eat is dressing and turkey mixed in it.

My paternal grandmother cooks the best imo...

I used to love to bake German chocolate cake as a kid... I no longer have a favorite item to cook...lol

I will be cooking a turkey breast, corn bread dressing, mixed greens with smoked turkey, mac & cheese, corn bread, cranberry sauce, & sweet potato pie...this year.

Go To Top