Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 1st Date Series: Cookout...
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

question.gif posted on 10/19/2009 at 09:38 PM
1st Date Series: Cookout...

Hello everyone,

got this via another board...

You met your date about 3 weeks ago at the grocery store. You all have talked virtually everday for the past 3 weeks, but have not had time to hang out. Your family is having a cookout over the weekend.

For your very 1st date would you feel comfortable bringing your date to the cookout?

Would you feel comfortable if your date wanted to take you to their family's cookout as part of the 1st date?

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:
twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 10/20/2009 at 12:59 AM

i would be shy...based on how my own parents are....my parents would be hmm....my dad is a crazy man, loves his kids, is a good husband to my momma (now i mean he had his mess and it is changed now...for all fall short of the glory of God...) but he would go nutty. unless he really felt really really comfortable with the person. like my dad is a outdoorsy, woods, fishing, kinda guy so like my gut says i wouldnt do it on the first date but gradual if it was something, on a first date no there is way too many things that could happen..... he has been so dissapointed in his son, and the choice he made in relationships that i am reluctant to put my family in it...
like i have known some guys who's family members flirted with me as soon as my date turned his back and all kinds of stuff...cause i mean people don't like that...newcomers that is...or that is my insecurity perhaps but i never seen it being a good thing on no first date.
ATru_Gem

[*] posted on 10/20/2009 at 07:26 PM

Naw - the last guy I dated invited me to a family reunion type event - it was the first time I would have met his family. I thought it was too much. Too many new folks, too soon - so I declined.

Need to know him a little better before I met the whole crew.
iam2icee

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11/5/2009 at 05:55 AM

No - The first date is the time to get over some of the awkward feelngs and comfortabilities. If you take that away, it could be disasterous.

Go To Top