Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oprah Cancels BeBe Winans
twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 02:25 AM
Oprah Cancels BeBe Winans

Oprah Winfrey says she’s keeping singer BeBe Winans off her show until domestic violence charges against him are resolved. This comes on the eels of people challenging her decision to have him and Mike Tyson on her show while publicly condemning Chris Brown for his violence charges. He was supposed to be on today’s karaoke show. Here’s what ABC News reports:

The gospel singer had taped appearances on Winfrey’s “karaoke challenge” and was on last Friday. Following the show, some bloggers questioned whether Winfrey was guilty of a double standard by including Winans when she took a strong stand against domestic violence following Chris Brown’s assault of then-girl friend Rihanna.

Winans was charged with misdemeanor domestic assault last winter for allegedly pushing ex-wife Debra Winans to the ground. He has a court date set for Jan. 20.

Winfrey spokesman Don Halcombe says Winans is off the karaoke segment.

Womp!

Well look who’s about to officially launch her brand new selection from her clothing line tonight:
iam2icee

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 05:28 PM

Perhaps Oprah is not as opposed to a simple push as she is to a flat out beating, as was the case with Rihanna. If she accepts one and not the other she is being hypocritical and perhaps she was right to not allow BeBe to come on the show. In her case though, its all about the ratings. She goes which ever way the wind blows. Think about it, first she had all those Godly people on her shows, then it switched to the guy who believed we are here by cosmic force or some mess and she was saying God was jealous of her. She is not wrapped right. The only good thing I can say about Oprah is that she has done a tremendous job at supporting charities both here and abroad.
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11/6/2009 at 07:32 PM

Yeah I also heard he got the axe... Can't be promoting this type of stuff, as that incident could have lead to something worser...
speakyspokey

[*] posted on 11/11/2009 at 12:49 AM

But they are supposed to be tight , according to Bebe.
ATru_Gem

[*] posted on 11/11/2009 at 09:04 PM

I'm not a fan of talk shows - and I've never seen a Oprah show but I applaud her for taking a stand on BeBe. It was definitely sending out the wrong signals to have Tyson on - who reportedly beat his x Robin - and BeBe for his case with his wife - and to refuse to have on Chris Brown. You can't be wishy-washy in your stance - either you are against it or not.

Go To Top