Akeet.com
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is it ok to marry cuz of pregnancy...
MrAkeet
Super Administrator

question.gif posted on 10/16/2009 at 05:48 PM
Is it ok to marry cuz of pregnancy...

Hello everyone,

got this via another site...

do you think its wrong to marry someone because you got them pregnant?? I mean you do love them and like them and are in love with them... BUT had the pregnancy not happened- you wouldnt be talking marriage for a long while...

Just Me,
MrAkeet
:dork:
MrAkeet
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
10/16/2009 at 05:49 PM
PoeticInspiration77

Mood: Looking Around!

[*] posted on 10/16/2009 at 06:50 PM

I would say NO.....

twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 10/19/2009 at 12:36 AM

ahhh...yes...i know this sounds nuts but no one in their right mind should get pregnant out of wedlock anyways, if I was going to get pregnant out of wedlock then it should be with the man that i was engaged or going to be married too....otherwise...i wouldn't be pregnant period. but accidents happen...i suppose.

in atlanta, only 34% of black woman have a 2 parent family, that means most woman are having babies out of wedlock. so baby making with no husband is plain wrong...
ATru_Gem

[*] posted on 10/20/2009 at 07:33 PM

A friend of mine corrected me recently when we spoke about marriage. We were talking about some friends getting married for what I thought was the wrong reason. He informed me I was being naive and that most folks don't get married for love anymore - more folks get married for financial reasons. Cheaper for two to live together than one. So I guess my thoughts on marriage are a bit dated - but I still think folks should get married for love. In the scenario you mentioned since marriage wasn't on the table before the pregnancy I have to assume that it's more about the pending baby than getting marriage for love.

A bigger question is why are folks getting pregnant by accident in this day and time. With all the types of Contraception’s available now - it's bizarre to turn up pregnant by accident. I always have a raised eye when I hear that.
bookworm

[*] posted on 10/22/2009 at 02:18 AM

If you are in love with them and you two have made a baby why wouldn't you get married? I mean what's the plan?
You love someone have sex with them (with the big possibility of making a baby if you are not using protection) but you don't love them enough or the baby you have made enough to marry? That is rather selfish IMO. There are too many ways to not get pregnant in this day and age. If you don't care enough about a person to marry them if you make a baby, make darn sure you don't make one. But if you are that careless and selfish you probably should not get married anyway. Marriage and parenting is too big a responsibility.
bellarosie

[*] posted on 10/23/2009 at 12:35 AM

I don't think that pregnancy should be the main reason for people to get married. However I think that if the couple was planning to get married this should be a catalyst. I mean if youare already in love with them and now with the baby you def. have a bond so you might as well get married.
twilight

Mood: sexy...and like..really...happy...

[*] posted on 10/23/2009 at 01:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bellarosie  
I don't think that pregnancy should be the main reason for people to get married. However I think that if the couple was planning to get married this should be a catalyst. I mean if youare already in love with them and now with the baby you def. have a bond so you might as well get married.

hey bella holla at everyone in the newbie villa when you got time...see you tommorrow night..let's hit the town...what!!!
iam2icee

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11/5/2009 at 05:06 AM

Pregnancy should never be the excuse. The bottom line is, sure you could get married, grow to resent each other and in the end wind up hurting that child as their family is ripped apart by two people who barely loved each other to begin with. But you ideally want to be married before the baby making plans come in to play but if that is not the case, never push the issue simply cause a baby is on the way. If you love each other it will happen naturally, when it makes sense. If it never happens, you may be better off. There are millions of single parents out there today and they are no worse for the ware then a two parent home who are only joined by their obligations.

Go To Top